People always ask how I can dress so simple but look chic or how come I look so put together but effortless. Well, I’ll tell you I am not always put together and I do have my off days and that’s ok! You will always need a day off from always have to look presentable. But here are some rules on how to keep yourself looking chic and effortless:
- Always use a pop of color – but not too many colors. Some says 3 and I agree 3 colors in one outfit is more then sufficient.
- Example: my go to outfit would be black turtleneck (my favorite would be Spanx Turtleneck, it keeps everything in so you don’t have rolls, black skirt and colorful tights, or black tights and colorful flats). I’ve done this style many times and people always compliment me on how nice I look, it is effortless and chic! Another time, I’ve worn royal blue pants, white top, silver shoes. Perfect non matching outfit but yet, looks chic!
- No need to always match – in fact, I think matching sometimes makes the outfit dated.
- Find your own style – for example, my style is always simple but I use statement accessories and pops of colors.
- Not everything has to be name brand – If you are rich, great, Chanels, Pradas, Louis Vuittons everyday! But if you are on a budget like majority of us, then I would say get a few expensive pieces like a Chanel bag, Prada sunglasses, Louis Vuitton shoes, then mix and match them with less expensive stuff. But in my opinion, most important would be to have expensive shoes and bags, then jewelry.
- Everything in moderation – don’t go crazy on jewelry, don’t go crazy on matching everything, don’t go crazy on head to toe brand names. As long as you keep to the “everything in moderation” rule, you will look effortless chic.
If you want to know what classy, elegance, classic is, take a look at those women from the 60’s. They are absolutely stunning and look effortlessly chic.
The Style Gourmande