I’m sorry for not writing any blog pieces lately but I’ve been super busy with my supporting career AKA day job that I haven’t had the chance to write. But today, I am super inspired by Charlotte Tilbury that I feel her and her brand need an article all to herself.
I am not sure how I first heard of Charlotte Tilbury but I know I soon became obsessed with her. A friend of mine gave me her day time Magic Cream as a Christmas present and I was just hooked. One of the reasons it is so good is because it has SPF in it so it protects my skin from the sun, but the best part of this is, most cream with SPF will rub off meaning it just stays on top of your skin. But this one does not rub off. It stayed there when I was doing my makeup. Lastly, it is anti aging. So it is super important for women to start taking care of their skin especially around the age of 30. I’ve never been to her London store but I hope to go in the near future. I also hope she becomes more popular here!!! She is only in two stores as of today: Bloomingdales 59th St and Bergdorf.
About a few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to slowly migrate towards cruelty-free. It is a tough thing to do because a lot are animal tested. I did a lot of research and was happy that Charlotte Tilbury is cruelty-free. Was very upset that I found some of my favorite brand that is not cruelty-free such as MAC and Chanel. If you are interested in looking into this cruelty-free thing more, check out this awesome website: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/companies-that-test-on-animals/ Anyway, this is another blog so I won’t talk about this anymore. Given that Charlotte Tilbury is cruelty-free, I decided to migrate my products to mainly her products. So I went to Bloomingdales for a shopping spree.
So here is a list of what I bought from her at Bloomingdales 59th St:
- Magic Foundation – I’ve been using her foundation for the last two weeks and it is great. The person who color matched me did a great job, so thanks to her, my neck and fact are the same color. The trick is to put the color on your neck then in between your face and neck.
- Miracle Eye Wand – Now, I was told that you can put this over your makeup mid-day or when you first put your makeup on before the powdering. I’ve tried both and I can only do the first thing in the morning. If I was to do it mid-day, it becomes cakey because I put powder on as a finishing touch. But it works. I don’t know if I will buy this again in the future though. I still prefer my NARS (cruelty-free) creamy concealer which works out great with the Magic Foundation. This one just didn’t stand out to me so I probably won’t use it again.
- Airbrush Flawless Finish – I love this powder. It is so fine, it goes on my skin smoothly and makes it super soft. More importantly, it is my finishing touch to my foundation. Love it and will buy it again.
- Wonderglow – Funny thing about this is, I see the wonderglow mid-day. So I put this on as a primer then put on my foundation. Well, mid-day comes, I start seeing my face glow. No, it isn’t because my face is oily. I blotting paper all day long to blot out the oil on my face. This is very cool and you can use it alone when you just don’t feel like putting on foundation. I haven’t tried that yet but will try soon.
- Bar of Gold – This is available online only so I ordered it as soon as it was re-stocked. I really love highlighting using the Bar of Gold. It is subtle but you can see it. I heard that they are revamping this little Bar of Gold so let’s see if it will be better!
- Lipstick – She has an amazing line of lipsticks. Especially the red ones! I guarantee you will find a red that matches your skin tone. I got the Queen (only sold online) which I think will go with every skin tone out there. Try it!!!
All in all, I really love this brand and looking forward to seeing new stuff from them. They just came out with a dry face mask that I bought but have yet to try. I will give it a go this weekend! Will let you know via my Instagram my thoughts on it!
As always, if you have questions or comments, please post them below!
The Style Gourmande